A long-lost treasure. A glittering prize. An unforgettable journey. And a host of rivals and enemies between you and the finishing line.
1938. A terminally-ill English aristocrat has one final wish: to locate the long-lost resting place of one of his legendary ancestors, a crusading knight said to have found a terrible secret in the East and then vanished. A cryptic, coded poem points the way, allowing a modern-day adventurer to retrace the knight’s steps. So a contest is set: five of the world’s leading treasure-hunters and archaeologists are challenged to follow the trail and track down the crusader’s tomb. And whoever gets there first stands to win an unimaginable fortune. Do you have what it takes to outwit and out-gun your villainous rivals and make it safe—and first—to the prize?
"Relics 2: The Crusader’s Tomb," the sequel to "Relics of the Lost Age" and the second game in the Relics trilogy, is an exhilarating 400,000 word interactive adventure novel by James Shaw, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination. Step into the weathered boots of a swashbuckling 1930s archaeologist and embark on a wild ride across Europe and Asia, racing to stay ahead of your vicious and amoral rivals, facing murderous enemies and intriguing mysteries at every turn, as you strive to beat the odds, solve an ancient mystery, and uncover the secrets waiting for you in the long-lost crusader’s tomb.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, poly, asexual, or aromantic.
• Continue to develop your romance from Relics of the Lost Age, or try your luck with one of three new romanceable partners: a hedonistic historian (m), an elusive master- thief (nb), or a treacherous rival (f).
• Experience a hectic four thousand mile race. Go up against four memorable rivals who will stop at nothing to get to the prize first, and a shady organization who will do whatever it takes to prevent you from finding the truth.
• Brawl in the Moulin Rouge in Paris, plan and execute an audacious heist in Venice, infiltrate Hitler’s “Grail Castle” in Germany, survive a terrifying night in a vampire castle in Romania, and discover long-lost secrets beneath the bustling streets of Istanbul.
• Experience epic gunfights, visceral brawls, and wild stunts in vintage vehicles.
• By plane, by airship, by train, by car, by motorcycle, by any means necessary race across a lovingly-realized 1930s Europe to get to the finish line first.
Dark secrets await in the fabled crusader’s tomb!